Saturday, February 6, 2010

I want a beautiful home

I have been trying to decorate my house lately, and I dont really know how too. I have bought little things here and there that I like, but its hard to tie them all together. I never really grew up in a decorated home, so its kind of difficult to get creative. And it doesnt help that I am not very good with colors. But despite all that, I have noticed a change in my attitude when my house is pulled together. I really want my home to be comfortable and to be a place that the spirit can dwell. So here are a few things that I have pulled together so far.



This is a picture of my crazy massive fireplace. I have never seen a fireplace so enormous, and despite how difficult it is to decorate, I love it.

Scott and I bought 2 pictures of Christ that we absolutly love, and Scott just stuck them on the fireplace. I love the pictures, but not necessarily where they are, but I havent moved them because I love to look at them from the couch.



This is the vase I bought and I love how earthy it looks.



My mom bought me one of these pillows for Christmas from Ikea. I loved it so much I bought a couple more.





This is my guest bedroom. It needs a whole lot of work, but it work for now.



And this is the guest bathroom.



I really want to paint now that Scott and I have been here for a little over six months. It is crazy how time flys! Hopefully I will have more pictures to post in the future:)

No comments:

Post a Comment