So I am really bad about agreeing to do service, and then complaining to my husband about how I don't want to do it. Then I go and do it reluctantly, and then feel great about it afterwards and want to keep doing more. Its just a cycle. Well Scott does not like for anyone to complain around him. He is very positive and wants others to feel happy and uplifted around him. He hears me out because I am his wife, but I know he doesn't like to hear it. So he has been helping me with this weakness I have.
Well during General conference I wrote a bunch of notes, but here is some things I heard on service that related to me and my issues.
" Let us love at all times. Let us be there for our brothers and sisters at times of adversity, serve each other" (Not an exact quote but its close)
" Turn to the Lord, put your trust in him, and serve him in all diligence and he will deliver you from bondage"
"We must learn to not complain and murmur through our trial. When we go through our challenges, seek more from God,... through trials, continue to serve others...When we work to relieve the burdens of others, we forget about ourselves... Lose yourself in service"
Isn't that powerful? It really hit me during conference how I am so thankful for my amazing husband who will serve serve serve until he just cant any more. How he never complains about serving. How he will drop everything he is doing to help a friend, or even a stranger on the side of the road. I am so thankful to have such a powerful example in my home and I hope that one day I can be as positive as he is and so willing to serve like he is.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment