Thursday, April 9, 2009

Disturbed/ Killswitch Engage Concert

Scott and I went with our cousin Kristina, and her boyfriend Jacob to a Disturbed concert last night. (for Kristina's birthday, because she needed some cool chaperones...(haha ya right)). Now heavy metal music is defiantly not my cup of tea, but I really had a good time despite my taste. Scott said he would have to listen to country for three weeks straight to keep himself sane! haha it was so hilarious.

When we walked in, we got right into the t-shirt line, and of coarse being my first concert ever, I had to buy one. Then we went in and jammed out to a band I don't know the name of. Next was some band called Kamiera (I could not understand a word they said:)), then Killswitch Engage. The main guitarist was cracking me up the whole time. He was running around like a crazy kid on steroids (probably high). Then Disturbed came out and everyone went crazy. One song it sounded like they were singing about soldiers, they all had ARMY shirts on, and the main singer had a digi flouge uniform. It was neat. On their last song, he walked through the back and walked right in front of the four of us and got on a platform. Then he got off and walked toward the front. Kristina was so excited. After the concert it took a while to get out of the parking lot, but we made it and headed home. I was so tired from dancing and jumping I fell asleep on the way home.
But all in all I had a really really good time. Scott bought tickets to go to 3 Doors Down, Staind and Blackhole Cherry on May 8. I am now, really really excited for that concert cause I like that music a whole lot more:) Thanks Beth for the tickets! I really had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. See all the wonderful things you get to do since you married into this family? Sometimes it is never a dull moment.Besides, I used to have to go with Lanice and Virgil when they were dating because she was only 15. Problem was they would drop me off and sometimes forget to come get me. Being a chaperone can be fun tho.

    ReplyDelete