This weekend I decided I would treat myself a little. I got a nice bonus from work for hitting our monthly goal. It was so exciting because I have not got a bonus for about a year. So, I decided to do a little spending as opposed to shopping. My friend recommended Ann Taylor Loft, so I went to have a look with my brother. And darn her if I did not fall in love with the store when I first walked in! They had clothes that I actually liked. I have gone to Kohls and JC Penney and a few other stores, and I am just not into the style lately. But this store had exactly what I liked, and to much of it if I might add. I bought a sweater, a t-shirt, and a jacket, and boy was it expensive! (they actually give you free water when you try clothes on). But I don't go shopping very often, so I tried to justify my spending spree. Scott just about had a heart attack when I told him, but he said that I deserved it for all my hard work. He is the best.
After I bought me some clothes, my bother and I walked to the TUX store to see how much it was to rent a tuxedo for his prom. He decided on a black suit, black shirt, black shoes, silver vest, and silver tie. He looked so good! I just could not believe that my brother is going to prom and then graduating next month. I feel like it was just yesterday when we were beating each other up. Its like he is frozen in my head at the age of 10, and its just crazy to see him get older. I am very proud of him, he has grown into a great kid, guy, man, whatever he is:)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You think that it is hard to realize that your brother has grown up. Wait until your kids grow up and start their own families. It seems like yesterday that I was Holding Scott in the NICU and he was sooooooo little( he out grew that tho) anyway, now here he is a grown man with a wonderful wife and a home of his own.
ReplyDeleteTalk about feeling old. I really don't tho. When litle Mickie called me "ganma" that was the best word I had heard in a long time. I felt honored, not old.
Grandma Vicki
You do deserve it!!
ReplyDelete