Thursday, April 2, 2009
Money does not buy happinesss, but it sure does help
Scott finally got a job after 1 year of not working and a lot has already changed. We have been living on my measly salary for that long and it was very tight, but we made it through ok with a lot of stress. Now with an extra pay check laying around it is crazy how much less stress there is around the house. Of coarse we will be saving it up, but it is amazing the change in the atmosphere around the house. Like being able to buy groceries and opening our refrigerator and laughing because we have actual food in the fridge instead of just drinks. Like being able to fix things on our vehicles that were in desperate need of fixing. Like going out for a weekly date so we can get out of the house. Like buying birthday presents for our family and friends. Like being able to afford TV, even though we don't want it, its nice to have that option again. We were happy before, but it just seems like we are giddy now. Just laughing at the dumbest things, that should be normal, but weren't for us. Money sure does not buy happiness, because i know plenty of people with money who are miserable. But for those who have a good life already, it sure does help out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


amen sista!
ReplyDeleteTom says congratulatioins to the both of you. I have said this before and I will say it again, i am honored to be Scott's mom and your mom-in-law. Ya'll have had a rough year but thru it all, you have held your heads up high and always smiled and Scott would always tell me, everything is good.
ReplyDeleteWe will be in Ga on Friday the 10th. We are going to go to Fla. Scott said that tom is spending the nite with him, I don't know where
that leaves me. I need to go see beth and Lanice so, maybe me and you can go see them.
Glad you are on the blog and you are doing great. I figure that you must have been busy this week, because you haven't written much.And I guess I will have to get the Twilight series. Everyone is talking about them and has read them, so I have to do it. I don't want to feel left out.(ha) Anyway,
i will like ya'll always and
I will love ya'll forever.
mom