Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gun Control

Scott decided yesterday that he wanted to get another gun for our house. He already has a Smith & Wesson Pistol, but I guess he wanted another one. I got home from work and he told me he had a surprise for me. So he gave me the gun. I just laughed cause he knows I don't really like them. I told him I wanted a rifle or shot gun in the house to have, cause I like to think that every house needs one, like they did in the old days (my own opinion). He said it was for ...just in case something ever happened. I could not keep from smiling and laughing because anytime Scott wants something bad enough, but does not have a good reason to get it, he will say it is for me. Even if I didn't want it or if I never look at it again, it is for me. It was so funny, and it was worth it to see the look of excitement on his face. He said it is the first time he has ever had 2 guns at the same time, and he was excited. But now I am going to have to go and get a pistol permit for myself... just in case... ha ha ha

1 comment:

  1. Scott and Kris,
    Ithink one gun is more than enough. Like you Kris. I DO NOT like guns. Yeas, we have to protect our family, but a gun is not always the best way. Case in point, when Scott was about 2, someone broke into my house. Long story short, the police told me to get a dog or a gun. I wasn't even thinking about a gun, because Scott would get up at all hours of the nite and I so skitish that I was afraid that I would shoot him. So no Guns. I also know of a lady in church, her husband was cleaning his rifle and he accidentially shot his little boy, his son died that day and so did his daddy,because he had to live with that for the rest of his life.
    All I am saying is, please be careful.
    I love you both and you are important to me.
    Vicki, Momma

    ReplyDelete